Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2010 Journey to B-town

2010, it's hard to get my head around the fact that the 1990's are over, let alone a complete decade of the 2000's. My son, born in 1999, just turned 10; my daughter, just completed her 5th year! Yikes...that means that I have that many more wrinkles.

I want to try to return to regular blogging for 2010. Let's see how the resolution holds. I am on this journey to Boston and I'm hoping writing about it here will give me an outlet from all the "eye rollers" who think I'm crazy to train and to run so much. P.S., there are worse vices.

Let me just pat myself on the back for a minute for actually running during the holidays while in Jersey...it was cold, dim and tough. The naysayers were out in force but they motivated me all the more to do track workout and to run in 16 degree weather. Keep telling me I'm nuts -- it's helping me.

I've already met some great new folks in the Gazelle group training for Boston. Even another Jersey girl, which gives me great comfort! No worries about dropping the f-bomb there (sorry Gilbert) but it's part of the vernacular in Jersey!

My challenge with Gazelle's is my son's morning car pool to school. So, with schedule in hand, I can only participate in Gazelle's as often as the car pool works out, which isn't that much, since the other guy travels a great deal. This issue is driving me crazy. I like my routine, so I am constantly trying to sort out how to get the workouts in. And, I hate to run alone, which also makes it tough.

So far, the most I can plan on is the Saturday long run. I get my Gazelle fix and get to do some good running. Fortunately Lorenzo Blanco is always willing to meet at 5 AM should a workout require that extra early hour.

The other challenge is that I am so dog tired by 8/8:30. When you get up at 4:20, you are toast by that time. By the way, I get lots of eye rolls for that too...reminding people how early I rise.

Anyway, note to self, blog more, talk less; there are no eyeballs rolling.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Whose to say your nuts! 2010 is going to be a great year...eyerolling and nay saying is secretly jealousy....keep rocking it! But I wouldn't judge you any differently if you atleast slept in til 5am. :)

Laura Jersey Girl said...

Hello my friend!!! Miss you terribly and pissed that I missed you in Jersey over Christmas. Boston in April..... you better stop by in DC. Jimbo is putting togethet a 24 hour 200 miles relay race from Gettysburg to DC 4/23 - 24. Realize it will be too close to the marathon but wanted to let you know. Keep pushing it girl, you know you got it and you always have ! Proud of you. Love Your Jersey Girl .....Lce