Saturday, January 16, 2010

Seaside and Sugar Cookies

So, truth be told....I spent my summers at Seaside. It was not at all like the Jersey Shore Show on MTV and, BTW, those people are from Staten Island...New York, not Jersey.

Anyway, to me, Seaside was great. The beach, the waves, the boardwalk. We never got a fancy house or place and we slept on the floor sometimes, but as a kid, what could be better.

Sat. longish, really medium long run, was great. Met my good friends, LB, back from Bandera, AT, and my new Jersey Girl friend who brought me sugar cookies for my b-day. What could be better? We did 1/2 of the 3M course in reverse and came back on it. I hate this part of the course, so it was good practice.

Lots of very hard running...but it was good running. I was able to really pick it up at the end, after I was tired.

It's been an odd week....I turned 44, my Godmother passed away from cancer and my cousin's child is in the hospital. I'm so far away here in Texas.

Today, I went to party for a wonderfully exuberant and intelligent 6 year old friend of my daughter who has very cool parents. The very Latin party lasted more than four hours...then off to my very dear friend's house to visit. They surprised me with a cake and more friends from the old hood....

I feel so blessed...Thank you!

No comments: