Monday, December 1, 2008

Sometimes you feel like a nut

Today I couldn't meet my training buddies, so I attempted to do hill repeats here in the hood. Wow, ok, so, probably lots of workers here thinking...what's up with that white girl doing loops, around and around. The hill was an ok elevation, not Wilke or anything, but hard enough post marathon.

I realize CK is now 39, so I don't have many more wins in me! Hee hee. So, I get out there in my neighborhood and run, yes, alone. Both of these I hate. Running in my neighborhood and running alone.

I find a hill, near construction, obviously and around and around I go. I think I need to do 8, but I get bored and feel spooked by the glares, so I quit at three. Besides, I have a conference call and I need to go.

Getting up before the sun rises is the only way to go. Anything later and it's just not worth it. But, I feel good that I got some miles in and will head to the trail tomorrow.

Thanks to the one mom so far who absolved me of my guilt. Peter still loses the bet...I will NOT do Boston in 2009...but, 201o...I'm there...who's in?

No comments: