Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What the....?

Did I actually run 26.2 miles a few weeks ago? What happened to my fitness level. I actually attempted to attend a Gazelle workout today and do 1000's...Ugh. Forget 'bout it! It was horrible, I was horrible. I bailed on 3 out of 5 of them and only completed 2!

I have to say, I was mortified. I tried not to get pissed at myself....just move on. My leg hurt...that leg Pieter has worked on all summer. The one that didn't bother me a bit after the marathon. UGH. I need to do speed work, but the track and I are not friends.

Anyway, I got a workout in which these days has been tough. Let me just complain...I got up early, got the kids ready, drove to St. Austin's, dropped my son off, pit stopped at RunTex to say hi to Gilbert and then back South to drop off my daughter. I was going to run alone but said, screw it, I'm playing hookie and went downtown to join the friendly group.

I hope my former self returns in time for the Jingle Bell on Sunday....

No comments: