Monday, February 15, 2010

Nine Weeks and Counting

Today started with a great 11 mile run -- Longhorn Dam Route plus a little. I love this run as LB and I did it repeatedly before San Antonio and it's really peaceful in the early AM hours out there. I also like the idea of starting the week with a run longer than 7 miles. It kind of sets the week in motion.

We talked a lot about the Austin Marathon, held on Sunday, 2/14. LB's wife ran in it as well as lots of Gazelles and Gilbert himself. It's always amazing to actually be out there as a spectator to see how people challenge themselves. The physical and mental fortitude it takes to run a marathon is tremendous. It's a great reminder for me as I think I have forgotten that part.

The shoe debate continues. A from SPI thinks I should be wearing Brooks. I finally got a pair of Asics Gel Nimbus 11 in narrow and have put off wearing them. I broke down today put them on. I've already sent back two pair already as the toe box on the right foot feels too big. But my other shoes are so worn out and A told me that I should retire them..they are not doing my feet any good. The new shoes felt great, no pain post run. Now, just time to get them dirty; they are too clean.

No comments: