Thursday, August 20, 2009

Tigger - I'm the Only One!

Saturday we headed out and I wanted to try to extend my medium long run by one mile. Just one.

It was a point to point run, so I had to meet my crew part way into the run. I saw LB's truck at my designated parking spot, so I was curious. I watched Gazelle after Gazelle go by. Finally, LB and DD showed up. DD was hurting already. I thought she'd tied one on the night before, but she just did not have enough fuel. So, before we started, DD had to eat.

Off we go. I felt really good -- for a change. At the first water stop, we saw Gilbert and I pulled off to catch up with him for a bit. I sent the kids ahead and then hit the ladies room...that is, ladies pit stop bush.

Next water stop, we hook up with PK, who is going to Boston too. I always like to see PK, he has good energy. We talk a bit and head out.

After the next water stop, I start to feel really good and start pushing. I haven't felt like this in a very long time, so I just keep going. All of a sudden -- way into this run-- I look down and realize that I do not have my car key any longer. Now, granted, I have done this before. I cannot believe that I just now realized that the key was gone. It's a big key on a Tigger key chain -- you can't miss it or drop it without noticing.

I'm pissed at myself. Worse, I can't recall when I saw it last. I'm only 43 for goodness sake. I would curse here, so just imagine it.

Anyway, I go to OC mode (obsessive compulsive). I borrow LB's phone and call Gilbert -- no answer. I run more, I think more, I beat myself up more. Now, I'm running pretty good. I think about having to call my husband to get up and drag my two kids out to pick me up and break into my car. I run harder. My shoulders tighten, my back aches.

At the end, LB hands me the phone and I call Gilbert again. "My sister Red, what's up?" I try to be calm...Hey G, did you happen to see a key on a Tigger key chain? "Is that yours?" Yes. "Yes, I have it, Red, where are you?"

Milagro! I am so relieved, honestly. I just spent nearly $200 bucks for the last key I lost running. I love my Coach!

No comments: