Saturday, March 28, 2009

Unforgettable, that's what you are

I've noticed that I forget a lot nowadays since I'm not running. And, did I mention that I can't sleep either. And, my digestive system doesn't function as well. Anyway, lots of things are off and I find I have no idea what word or phrase I mean to say next since I'm so ungrounded. Now, I'm just complaining!

I met with a trainer who ran track in college. His 400 meters was a crazy :47. He really focused on issues that seem to be on my right side. But, he's not cheap. But, I've watched him and I know he knows how to get runners running again. Plus, he really figured out my issues pretty quick. The funniest thing was when he was trying to help me stretch. It was crazy. I'm so super tight that stretching was painful.

Today was the first day that my right foot actually connected with the floor. That was a very cool feeling. I went to a spinning class and about 1/2 hour into it was completely bored. But, I started to watch the video on the screen and got into the Giro Italia and tried to forget that I was inside, in a studio, on a bike that didn't go anywhere. Suddenly, I got the rush and I remembered when I used to do triathlons (before kids) and how much fun they were. Admittedly, I was kind of taking it easy on the resistance. I was freaked out by how close spectators get in these cycling races (while watching that is.)

When leaving, this guy came up behind me and said, hey, just a warm up before the long run? And I thought, what? at 11:30, I would have been done hours ago. And, I thought, I wish. But, I said, nah, just cross training and I've got an injury, no long runs for me.

Everyone at my daughter's soccer game asked me, hey you didn't run today? No, I didn't, my freakin' foot doesn't move.

Anyway, spinning...ugh...1 hour. We'll see...hopefully, I will be running sooner rather than later.

No comments: