Sunday, March 15, 2009

Running Drought

Well, the post have been few since the runs have been few. I managed to get hurt, again. Yes, again. On a very easy 10 mile run, suddenly my foot locked up after the Longhorn Dam and never really rotated again. I tried and tried to shake it off, but ended up just toughing it out.

Alas, I have worn my lightweight shoes on too many runs. And, since I only run on the right hand side anyway, my right foot decided to, well, just start to cave in.

I headed for Sports Performance and have seen Troy twice already. He cleared me a silly 3 mile run and I couldn't even do that. The adjustment he made to my foot came completely undone on a business trip, so, I was back to square one.

I can't believe how much running really means to me. Except that everytime I can't do it, I just about go crazy. I can't sleep and my entire system is off kilter.

I'm heading out tomorrow to give it a go...I have to try and see if I can hold my own.

There are so many races coming up and I was just starting the speed work outs...it's so frustrating!

No comments: